Sunday, April 27, 2014

Good Bye ER It's been real

I've always had a love for the ER.  In my opinion there is nothing like the ER.  It is unpredictable and things can change on a dime.  I loved getting train wrecks and working with providers to stabilize them.  Unfortunately I had to walk away from my ER job the other day.  It wasn't because of the patients.  A bad day in the ER is never in my opinion because of the patients.  A bad day in the ER is because of a broken system.  Perhaps my ideals are just not in line with the world of Emergency Nursing.  Perhaps I had too much faith and hope that ENA would advocate for better conditions for ER patients, and really start promoting leadership amongst the ranks of the staff nurses that would force nursing management to grow a spine.

On to new challenges and a new environment.  Its time to step away from the toxicity and into the unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment